HI!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. It's in the works, but I would be so honored if you'd leave a comment or maybe even read a little. Thanks!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Mega Microwave

Breakfast can be hectic at my house.

I don't like getting up early, so getting up and throwing something together isn't always easy (or doable.) I usually soak the oats in the fridge to make overnight oats (I'll post about it later,) but, being the organized person I am, I forgot last night. 
 So I decided to just nuke one of my go-to oatmeal recipes to see what would happen. Here's what I combined in my oat mug: (I love eating food in mugs!) 

Banana Microwave Oats

1/4 rolled oats
3T wheat bran
1 cup water 
1/2 cup milk
1/2 banana, thinly sliced

Simple right? Well...


I know the microwave's electromagnetic waves is supposed to turn you into a mutant (or just do weird things.)

But... if I put a plate over the mug (or container of some sort,) my chances of turning into a mutant are significantly decreased. 

Because I'm a very interesting person, I have the same thing every day for lunch, a pb and j sandwich with  this Sara Lee bread, strawberry preserves, and some better n peanut butter.

My ingredients (I should probably clean that up... oh well.)

All combined and ready roll. 

And that's when it happened. What I watching like a good girl? No.
Should I have been watching like a good girl? Maybe...

Poor oats. They were perfectly fine before they met me. So I cleaned up the side and decided to put in some of the honey I got yesterday.

What's wrong with this picture? I'll tell you. See that lid on the plate next to that glob of goo? I tried to put some honey in my oats, and, well, it fell in.  

So I got the honey that I could out of there, and stirred the rest of it around.

It doesn't look so bad, does it? (I'm in denial, I know.)

My very interesting lunch.

Who knew? The honey actually made the oatmeal SOOO delicious. Of course, most of sunk to the bottom, but I just didn't eat it.

It was really hot today, so I poured additional almond milk in top to cool it down. THat may sound wierd, but it's a great trick on hot mornings, and the oats are still super creamy. I tried to top it with more banana, coconut, and pb, but the oats were too liquid-y because of the additional almond milk.

So that was my breakfast. Yeah, I know I know I can be a klutz, but at least y'all probably got a kick out of it, and I got a sweet (pun intended) breakfast.

Enjoy!

-Kelly M.




No comments:

Post a Comment