HI!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. It's in the works, but I would be so honored if you'd leave a comment or maybe even read a little. Thanks!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

How to Make Cheese Stuffed Meatballs

Good evening, friends!

I've been thinking, and I really want to thank you all for reading my blog. It's still in its preliminary stages, and it's so heartwarming to say I have such wonderful readers in the beginning.  It means so much to me that you take the time out of your busy lives to read my fiascoes, and I am very grateful. Thank you.

So I was also thinking about how nice a community the blogging community is. Have you heard of the The Great Fundraising Act? It's to support a brilliant blogger named Susan, who has recently been diagnosed with Lymphoma. The blogging community is coming together to help pay her medical bills, because she obviously can't work while she's in the hospital having chemo, but she is still blogging.

Susan seems like a lovely person, and this whole story really hits home for me because of my mom's recent diagnosis with stage 2 breast cancer. The auction is taking place this Monday, July 25th, so maybe you'll stop by?

Dear Susan, I send my love and best wishes to you. And if I had a product or a cookbook I was selling, I would donate it to the auction. (Although I wouldn't mind publishing a cookbook one day ;)  )

So speaking of meatballs (which I wasn't,) here is a delicious and beyond recipe I made for dinner a few days ago. It's flavorful meat stuffed with gooey, melt-y cheese!

Are you drooling yet? I am.

Cheese Stuffed Meatballs


Note: You can use whatever cheese you want, or whatever cheese you have on hand. This recipe is also very easily halved, doubled, etc. to fit your needs. The amount of cheese is an approximate, I didn't weigh it our or anything. This is very simple, and very good, so just have fun!

Ingredients

12 oz. extra lean ground turkey (That's what I used, but you can use lean or however you like.)
1T onion powder
2t bottled garlic (I like stuff garlicky, so feel free to use less and/or actual cloves of garlic)
dash of salt
dash of pepper
About 2-3 oz. cheese of choice (see note)


 Mix together all ingredients except cheese in a medium-large bowl. (Meat, onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper)
 I used 1 wedge of Light Laughing Cow cheese, and some Light Havarti cheese.



 So take a little bit of meat (take as much as you like depending on how big you want the meatballs,) squish it into a flat circle, and plop some cheese in the center.
I did the same thing with the Havarti.
 Take the meat and pinch it around the cheese, and roll it around until it turns into a ball.


 Load 'em up in a large pot or skillet sprayed with nonstick spray or a Misto, but just don't overcrowd them too much. Bring it to medium-high heat.




 Let the meatballs sit for a bit or until the bottom browns slightly.
 Then turn them over and do the same ting with the other side. Once that side browns, just keep rolling them around until the balls are browned and crispy all over. Maybe I should've boiled them or something else to get them to cook more evenly, but this really did get the job done and rolling balls around in a hot skillet is actually quite fun. :)
 Meanwhile, I swiped to raw balls and baked them in cover ed dish at 450F for experimental purposes.
 Here are my balls, all yummy, oozy, crispy, and done.
So I baked them for about 30 minutes or until they turned pinkish like this. The verdict ruled in favor of the non-baked ones, because the baked balls lacked a crispy crust like the skillet done ones did. But these were still very, very yummy. Remember when I said I baked two?


Served with class in a mug with a fork. Meatballs in a mug? I should write that down.

Enjoy!

-Kelly M.

No comments:

Post a Comment