HI!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. It's in the works, but I would be so honored if you'd leave a comment or maybe even read a little. Thanks!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

How to Make Kale Chips

I may never eat potato chips again.

Why do these taste so good? They're green.

I've been wanting to make these for awhile, but most recipes just say something like this:

Spritz with olive oil spray and bake at 400F until crispy.


That's it? That can't be it. That's not a recipe, it's not even a complete sentence. How am I supposed out make a dish off of that?

So I didn't. My life was kale-less until I made these, and frankly, I'm not sure how I made it this long.

So when I found the most in depth kale chip recipe I had seen so far from Kath, I decided to give it a go.

Now, my dear readers, behold the most descriptive, picture filled kale chips recipe you may ever find.

Ever.

Kale Chips


Note: You can season these however you like. You can use cheese, chives, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenee, oregano, whatever you like! The possibilities go and on. It al depends on your tase buds, if you like sour cream and onion chips, salt snd vinegar chips, cheesey, chips, spicy chips, barbecue chips, or just good ol' salt.

Ingredients

One bunch of kale (You can use multiple bunches if you want more chips.)
Olive oil nontcik spray (I think a Misto would work really well with this)
Whatever seasoning you want (see note)
I used salt and onion powder


Tear the stem off of the bottom of the kale like so. Now, tear off the leafy part off the stem. You can make them almost any size you want; your guest won't care how good they look. They'll be too busy trying to figure out how these taste so good.
But you may want to try to make them somewhat similar sizes for the sake of even cooking.
Place them on a baking sheet and bake them at 400F for about 10 minutes. (Keep a pretty keen eye on them, no one wants over or under done kale chips.)
 Preseneting... CRISPY KALE CHIPS!!!!!!!!

They may not look like much in this picture, but kale is not overly photogenic. (No offense, kale.)

Don't be decieved, these are amazingly amazing. I said amazing twice.

Please try these. I dare you.

Enjoy!

-Kelly M.





1 comment:

  1. Hello ! I liked your blog I found it charming.
    I make Kale Salad all the time. I am going to be writing some cool recipes on my other blog, Sabrina's London Diaries,so I'll let you know if you like? In the meanwhile, you can see fun Latin American inspired recipes in my blog, Learning Spanish is Fun. Click on my name. Enjoy!

    Sabrina Rongstad-Bravo

    ReplyDelete