HI!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. It's in the works, but I would be so honored if you'd leave a comment or maybe even read a little. Thanks!

Friday, July 1, 2011

White Chocolate Banana Scramble

Yum.

If this is not one of your new favorite breakfasts, I'll...well, that's not going to happen. Thank you so much to Ashely and Ashley for the idea!

You can use this base and put in your favorite add-ins, but I am a sucker for white chocolate.

Make this now. (Sorry to sound pushy, but this is just sooo good.)

White Chocolate Banana Scramble
3/4 banana
a small glob of better n pb
1T rolled oats
1T wheat bran
1-2T unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze or Silk are great.)
about 1/2T white chocolate chips

Mash banana really well (a fork works nicely for this.)

Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
Spray a skillet (or pot) with nonstick spray. Add banana mixture and form a thin pancake (again, a fork does a good job too.) Wait until that is slightly browned on the bottom.
Meanwhile, I made a pb sauce. I love the combo of pb + banana, so this works well for me. Scoop some better n pb (or regular pb) into a small bowl or cup. Add a small amount of unsweetened almond milk (do not drown it.)
Nuke (covered of course! no electromagnetic waves for us) for 25 seconds and stir well.
Once browned, start stirring, sorta like you would with scrambled eggs. The Ashlies' original recipes were more like pancakes, but mine are more scrambled. If you really, really want a pancake thing, I guess you can try to form it like a pancake, and very carefully flip it.

I have tried doing it like that in the past, but it doesn't turn out quite right. Maybe it will be different for you, though.

You can cook it to how you like it, but I am in love with the taste of caramelized bananas, so that's what I cook it to.
I like to eat this scramble by flattening it against the bottom of the bowl with my trusty fork, spreading my better n pb sauce on top, and sprinkling it with additional white chocolate chips. 

I love these so much I eat them pretty frequently for dessert. I'll be back with my experiments with different flavor combos in later posts. 

Okay, now you can go make these. (Seriously.)

Enjoy!

-Kelly M.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy! I have to start working these ingredients little by little into my grocery shopping budget. :)

    ReplyDelete