HI!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. It's in the works, but I would be so honored if you'd leave a comment or maybe even read a little. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Benihana or Bust

I did it!


First off, good morning, and I'm sorry I missed you all yesterday. Now on to the topic at hand...breakfast.

I started with the biggest bowl I had (a 4 cup Pyrex glass bowl) without using a ginormous serving bowl (because then would really look idiotic.) I added exactly what I did yesterday, except I only added 1/2 cup water. It worked soooooo much better. So into my 4 cup bowl went...

1/2 cup water
1/2 almond milk
1/2 banana, thinly sliced
1/4 cup rolled oats
3T wheat bran




Ready for nuking.
My ginormo-bowl.

Look at how beautiful it came out!

I topped it with coconut, more sliced banana, and a nice glob of better n pb.


So. I was super proud of my oat-y achievement, I put a lid on it, and ate it in the car on the way to school. (No, I wasn't driving. Oats+ Driving= Very icky shoes.) So after I'm done diving through my sweet toppings, I realize I didn't put any stevia in. I love my oats, but I want them sweet. Oh well, I guess I'm just not a morning person. :)
So for celebration purposes, My friend, Janan pronounced (Juh-nawn. Not Jai-nain, not Jow-now, not any other wierd mispronunciations ) and I went to Benihana. For those of you who don't know that is ( I get it, it's not a Starbucks, they don't have Benihanas everywhere,) it's a swanky Adian food place where they cook the Hibachi style right in front of you, with all kinds of schmancy tricks.

I'm thrilled! (No, I don't think I look like that in real life.)

We're both thrilled! (Janan may have me beat here,)

Janan's so thrilled, she is compelled to strike Micheal Jackson poses! (Ok, enough with being thrilled.)

We heart our moms!

The menu.

More menu. :)

This is her deliberation face.

Yummy onion soup!

Yes, yes I did end up eating (slurping?) both these bowls.

I think this is my enjoyment face.

Our chef's name was Jesus. Look at how cool this is!

Check out the onion volcano!

It's exploding!

Shrimp, fresh off the barbie.

Veggies!

So I kinda forgot to take a picture of the scallops I ordered before I ate them. (Oh, who am I kidding? I INHALED them. They were good.)

Janan's filet mignon.

Janan's mom's excellence. (Yes, that was the name of the dish!)

So I ordered the pineapple boat for dessert, and it came all beauteous with cut pineapple inside a pineapple, but, the pic didn't make it in on time. (Sorry.)

That super cool foreign soda with the marble inside. Janan let me have a sip. SOO good!                                   Enjoy! -Kelly M. (Formatting is being a pain.)
                








           


No comments:

Post a Comment