HI!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. It's in the works, but I would be so honored if you'd leave a comment or maybe even read a little. Thanks!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

How to Make Chocolate (or pb) Chip Cookies

Nom nom nom...

Right here, I would normally try to come up with a witty explanation that expresses how amazing these scookies are. But I'm too busy thinking about their sweet, buttery goodness.

They're a cross between your favorite childhood chocolate chip cookies and buttery scones.

Isn't that explanation enough?

I say this because I care about all of you. Go make these now. (Actually, wait for the recipe and then go make these.)

Melt-in-Your-Mouth Chocolate Chip Scookies


Yields about 32 cookies

Adapted from Cooking Light and Joy of Baking


Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup stevia/sugar blend
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1t baking soda
1/2t salt
1t vanilla extract (I didn't have any, so I used almond extract and it worked really well)
1/4-1 c chocolate chips of choice (depending on how chip-y you like it, see below for what I used)
1/2c unsweetened almond milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In the bowl of a mixer (a large bowl if using a hand mixer) beat butter until pretty smooth.

 Add stevia/sugar blend and cream until fluffy.
 Add extract.
 Beat until Incorporated.
 Meanwhile, put flours, baking soda, and salt in a bowl...
...and mix until thoroughly combined.
 When I added the dry mixture to the wet mixture, there was way too much dry and it got all crumbly.
So I added the 1/2c almond milk, and we were back in business.
Add the chips. I only had peanut butter chips on hand, so that's what I used. They'd probably work better with chocolate chips like they were intended to, but the Pb chips were reeeeeaaaaally good too. ;)
Stir on low speed just until the chips are distributed. (Lick the beater. ;)  )
Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray, line with parchment paper, and spray again with nonstick spray. (I really don't want these to stick.)
Stick them in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, but my oven is pretty weird, so just be vigilant. When I baked them, they really didn't spread out very much, but they actually puffed up instead. Huh.
So I had to do them in two batches,
so this time I flattened them with a fork, and they baked much better. They still puffed up, but no as much.

They taste like cookies, they pretty much are cookies, but they kinda look like scones, and their texture is somewhat similar to scones, so ta da! We have sconies.

So, no, I don't have a picture of the second batch. Like I said, they were really good, and a picture just didn't happen. *Lick fingers* ;)

OK, you've got the recipe. Now you can go make these.

Enjoy!

-Kelly M.

No comments:

Post a Comment